Mobile App Privacy Notice
AIR Worldwide Corporation (“AIR Worldwide” or “we”) respects your concerns about privacy. This App Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) applies to personal data we collect in connection with your use of AIR Worldwide's Mobile Application (the “App”). The Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain, how we use the personal data, and with whom we share it. We also describe the rights you may have and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
AIR Worldwide is the data controller in respect of personal data that we collect through the App or that you provide to us. Our contact details can be found at the How To Contact Us section at the end of this Notice.
Visitors to the app are subject important limitations. Please review our Conditions of Use, which govern your visit to this App.
How We Obtain Information About You
We collect personal data about you that you choose to provide us when signing up for or accessing our products and services. The personal data collected includes, but is not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, e-mail address, or telephone number, such as when you:
- Fill out the identification form on the App
- Interact with our App; or
- Communicate with us (for example, on a social media platform or by sending us an email.)
When you use our App, we also may collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web server logs, tracking pixels, and web beacons. Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to identify your device uniquely or to store information or settings in your device. Your mobile device may tell you when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our App. Non-cookie-based tokens are encoded URL-based identifiers that track e-mail click-thru activity or time-sensitive password reset keys and will work in scenarios where cookies are disabled or a session has not been initiated.
We may also collect personal data in other contexts that we will notify you of at any time.
Information We Obtain
Information That You Provide to Us
Personal data that you provide directly to us will be apparent from the context in which you provide it, for example:
- Your first and last name, physical address, e-mail address, or telephone number when you create your account and other account-related information (such as username, password, security questions and answers and any content you choose to store in your account
- Other personal information contained in content you submit to us such as through our surveys, registrations, reviews, App features and functionality, emails, calls and other communications
Information That We Collect Automatically
Our web servers may log information such as your operating system type, device identifier, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The web server logs may also record information such as the address of the web page that referred you to our App and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They may also log information about your interaction with the App, such as which pages you visit. To control which web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags called “web beacons” — small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. We may also collect information from your browser, such as your browsing history, and use it in conjunction with data gathered from forms and e-mails to help us understand and respond to your needs.
How We Use Information That We Obtain
Information That You Provide to Us
We may use personal data that you provide to us to register you for AIR events, provide you access to our products and services, respond to your inquiry, for example, to contact you about your request, ask a question, provide announcements about products and future events, conduct surveys, and contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services. We use the personal data for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our customers and other interested individuals that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
In addition to the uses discussed above, we may also use the personal data you provide on our App to:
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business;
- Develop new products and services;
- Perform market research;
- Advertise and market our products and services;
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
- Analyze our products, services, and websites;
- Administer the app; and
- Contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services.
We use the personal data for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interest in operating and improving our business that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
We may also use the information to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms. We use personal data for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by law that applies to us.
Information That We Collect Automatically
We use personal data that we collect automatically through cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web beacons, and other automated means for purposes such as customizing and enhancing our users’ uses of the App, facilitating use of the App, collecting statistics about your use of the App, and understanding the manner in which our visitors browse the App. We also use the information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer the App, and identify users of the App. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on the App, how users navigate through the App, and how we may tailor the App to meet the needs of our users. We use the personal data for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interest in operating and improving our App that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
To learn how to opt out of Google Analytics, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To learn how to opt out of Eloqua web analytics, visit: http://www.eloqua.com/about/privacy/opt_status/.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data that you provide to us or that we collect through the account or event sign-up/access process, except as described here. We may share personal data you provide to us or that we collect through the account or event sign-up/access process with:
- Other AIR Worldwide entities
- Other companies in the Verisk group; and
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf.
We may share personal data with our affiliates for a number of reasons, including because:
- You have requested information about our affiliates’ products and services
Details of the other companies in the Verisk group, including the countries in which they are located can be found here.
We may share personal data with service providers that perform services on our behalf such as payment service providers, event management service providers, learning management service providers, analytics providers, hosting providers and advisers. All service providers have entered into legally binding agreements requiring them to use or disclose personal data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with applicable legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (c) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
We may transfer the personal data that we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the personal data originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the personal data. When we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries (such as the U.S.), we will protect that personal data as described in this Notice.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA and Switzerland. In all such cases, we will only transfer your personal data if:
- The country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision
- The recipient of the personal data is located in the U.S. and has certified to the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example the EU Model Contracts.
You may request a copy of the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of transfers of personal data by contacting us as described in the How To Contact Us section below.
How Long We Keep Information
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to any applicable legal requirements, we typically retain personal data as follows:
- Personal data you provide to us through the event registration or account setup or access process: we keep this personal data for as long as necessary in order to manage access to your account, and for a short further period in case you send us further requests.
- Personal data you provide when you sign-up to receive direct marketing communications: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you opt-out or we do not have any contact with you for a long period of time.
- Personal data you provide when you ask a question: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you request that we delete it or we do not have any contact with you for a long period of time.
- Personal data collected for analytics purposes: we keep this personal data for a short period of time necessary for us to carry out the analytics.
- App logs: we keep App audit logs, which may contain your personal data, for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you may have the following rights in relation to personal data that we hold about you:
- To request confirmation of whether we process personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data;
- To request that we rectify or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
- To request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where we collected personal data on the basis of your consent and you withdraw your consent;
- To request that we restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted, for example a request that we update your personal data;
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, to withdraw your consent; and
- To request that we provide a copy of your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
You may contact us by e-mail or as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below to exercise your rights described above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country. You can find the contact information of the data protection supervisory authority in your country here.
Updates to Our Mobile App Privacy Notice
We may update this Notice periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal data practices or relevant laws. We will post the updated version and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or any issue relating to how we collect, use, or disclose personal data, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, you may contact us:
By e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing at:
AIR Worldwide Corporation
Attention: Data Privacy Group
131 Dartmouth Street
Boston, MA 02116.