The following topics detail the validation rules for Touchstone fields related to locations:
• Location Contract Fields
• Location Address Fields
• Location Offshore Platform Fields
• Location Values Fields
• Location Basic Building Fields
• Location Non Catastrophe Detail Fields
• Location Term Count Field
• Location Reinsurance Count Field
• Location Building Detail Fields
• Location Roof Detail Fields
• Location Wall Detail Fields
• Location Connection Detail Fields
• Location Surrounding Detail Fields
• Location Builder Risk Fields
• Location User Defined Fields
• Terms (Location Terms)
• Reinsurance (Location Reinsurance)
You can specify data on multiple risks in a single record if they meet the following conditions:
• All the risks are at the same location. That is, all the risks have the same area, sub area, and postal area values.
• All the risks have essentially identical location level insurance conditions. That is, all the risks have essentially the same replacement values, sums insured values, deductibles, etc.
• All the risks have essentially identical structural characteristics, that is, the same construction, occupancy, age, height, etc.
In other words, all of the risks must be homogeneous. If the risks are not homogeneous, then you must define each risk in a record of its own. Combining heterogeneous risks in a single record can produce incorrect results.
When combining risks, make sure to enter the total number of risks in the Number of Risks field. Entering a correct value in this field ensures that the claims count, if selected in the analysis options, will be accurate. (Claims count is valid only for US locations, and for all perils except Terrorism.)
© 2018 AIR Worldwide. All rights reserved.
Touchstone 5.0 Updated August 28, 2018